For anyone who would like help, here are some opportunities.
The first set of plant cards have been completed. The printer estimates that the cards will be some time in June. There is a possibility for a second set. If you are interested in helping with the research or illustrations, please contact us and let us know.
It is our plan to include monographs on as many of the Australian medicinal plants as possible. This will act as an Australian Materia Medica database.
What you can do:
- Download the monograph template
- Let us know if there is a edible or medicinal plant you would like to research or let us select one for you
- Start collecting information. The following sites are a good start
- Pubmed An excellent resource for scientific information
- The World Flora A good resource to get the current botanical name, synonyms and common names
- Flora of Australia
Please note: When looking for research articles, try to search for original papers and never use inforamtion that is only available as an abstract. If using a website as a source, please no blogs. Most government and botanical websites will provide references, which are a great resource. Don’t worry too much about the format, we will edit the references and final draft to conform to a site standard, but you will be credited with the research.