Indigenous Plants for Health, Inc.
- To support the protection and propagation of indigenous medicinal plants.
- To conduct and encourage education and community involvement with respect to health promoting plants.
- To source and document both the indigenous and scientific knowledge of indigenous plants with medicinal, aromatic and nutritional benefits.
- To create a list of significant indigenous species that meet the health-promoting criteria, and to disseminate this list to local authorities.
- To create employment in the areas of sustainable land management, fire mitigation, propagation, protection as well as the processing and sale of plant and plant products.
- To work with and support Aboriginal communities in the commercialization of native medicinal plants.
- To create employment opportunities for Aboriginal communities through the education of the wider community in the benefits of indigenous medicinal plants and environmental protection.
- To respect Aboriginal communities and ensure opportunities and rewards flow through to those communities, as a result of shared knowledge.
- To source grants and sponsorship for promotion and production of indigenous plant-based products.
- To source grants and sponsorships to facilitate and/or conduct new research into indigenous plants
Indigenous Plants for Health is an incorporated association formed with the objectives of raising awareness, sourcing grants and sponsorship for sustainable production of indigenous plant-based products. We have created a list of significant indigenous species that meet the health-promoting criteria, including but not restricted to plants with medicinal, aromatic and nutritional benefits. By promoting rural and Aboriginal community engagement, we aim to create opportunities for employment in the areas of sustainable land management, plant propagation, processing and sale of indigenous plant products. The Association will ensure opportunities and rewards from such activities flow through to Aboriginal communities.